The New Zealand Nurses Organisation is a professional and industrial organisation representing approximately 46,000 members in all areas of the health service. NZNO negotiates salary and conditions for nurses, midwives and hospital aides working in the public and private sectors, other health professionals and health sector workers. It provides professional support and leadership for nurses and midwives and clinical development through special interest sections and colleges.
NZNO is committed to the representation of its members and the promotion of nursing and midwifery. NZNO embraces Te Tiriti O Waitangi and seeks to improve the health status of all peoples of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
We work with our members to provide:
- Indemnity Insurance - comprehensive insurance specially designed for the work members do.
- Scholarships and Grants - there's a wide range available to members.
- Education - training seminars, study days and workshops on ethical, legal, professional and industrial issues for career development.
- Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand - keeping members in touch with the world of nursing and health.
- A Comprehensive Library - resource material often not available elsewhere.
- Industrial Services - wage and working conditions' negotiations and help with any disciplinary issues. Campaigning on the key issues affecting members.
- Professional Services - 23 special interest colleges/ sections providing professional leadership, support and advice.
- Legal Services - a team of experienced lawyers when needed.
To find out more about NZNO's work, structure and staff choose an item from the top menu.