Part-Time Organiser - 0.75 FTE - Nelson/Marlborough
New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO), NZ’s largest health sector union and the professional body for nurses, is seeking applications for the role of part-time union organiser. This position is a 0.75 FTE (30 hours per week).
Based in our Nelson office, this position is responsible for providing employment advocacy and industrial support to NZNO members.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sound understanding of industrial and employment matters, good negotiation and interpersonal skills and a commitment to and affinity with the trade union movement or community activism
- Be informed on the significance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi for NZNO and the health of New Zealanders
- Have well developed communication skills (written and verbal) and have the ability to build rapport and problem solve
- Understand the importance of building membership, organising NZNO members and developing delegates
- Ideally have first-hand knowledge of the health sector and/or previous trade union organising experience
- Have the ability to be flexible around the hours of work as some travel will be required
- Have good IT skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Hold a full, clean drivers licence.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and politically aware person to join a dynamic and high performance team.
A full position description is available from Jenny McCullum with whom applications (please include your CV and a covering letter) close at 5pm on Thursday 21 July 2016.
NZ Nurses Organisation
P O Box 1084
Telephone (03) 474 6490