Call Adviser (part time), based at the NZNO Member Support Centre
The NZ Nurses Organisation has a vacancy for a 0.6FTE (24 hours per week) permanent call adviser position to join the Member Support Centre.
NZNO is the professional body of nurses and the leading nursing union in Aoteroa New Zealand, with a membership of over 46,000.
If you are a people person who likes solving problems and helping others – then this could be the opportunity for you.
The Member Support Centre currently operates with a team of 4 full time and 3 part time call advisers, primarily based in National Office in Wellington.
Your role would be to respond to incoming calls and emails from members around the country, offering advice and support, and finding solutions to professional, employment and workplace issues.
- An analytical thinker?
- A multi-tasker?
- Committed to empowering others?
- Empathetic and decisive?
- A quick learner?
- Able to spot an opportunity for collective action?
Do you have:
- Health sector, organising or support centre experience?
- A demonstrated understanding of employment legislation?
- The ability to work effectively in a busy environment?
- Strong problem solving skills?
- A high standard of written and spoken English?
- A commitment to unionism and Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
You can get a full job description by contacting Donna Simpson at the address below.
Please send your CV and covering letter, in confidence, by 5:00pm on Wednesday 3 June 2015 to:
NZ Nurses Organisation
P O Box 8921