On this page:
Lawyer - Medico-Legal - Permanent Full Time - NZNO National Office Wellington (closes 14 October 2016)
NZNO Representative on the New Zealand Resuscitation Council (closes 28 October 2016)
Lawyer - Medico-Legal - Permanent Full Time - NZNO National Office Wellington
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. Our job and responsibility is to represent more than 48,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora, and health workers in Aotearoa/ New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters and we are affiliated to the International Council of Nurses (ICN) and the New Zealand Council of Trade Unions (NZCTU). NZNO embraces the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced litigation lawyer preferably in medico-legal and health law practice, to join our dynamic professional legal team. NZNO provides medico-legal services to members including representation at the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Nursing Council Professional Conduct Committees, Coroners Inquests and Health and Disability Commissioner Inquiries. Our lawyers also provide legal advice to the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- hold an LLB and be a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court with a current practising certificate
- have at least 5 years’ litigation experience
- have experience in medico-legal practice/health law
- provide medico-legal and health law advice and support to members and staff
- represent members in various legal fora
- have the ability to manage cases autonomously
- provide legal skills and expertise to assist NZNO in its analysis of legislation or bills and in the preparation of submissions
- contribute legal advice to NZNO policy development
- contribute to Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand journal and other NZNO publications on topical legal matters
- be able to travel to meet the requirements of the position as necessary, and
- be located preferably in Wellington, but location is negotiable.
Attractive salary package with generous employer superannuation contribution.
Applications should be marked “confidential”, include a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and be forwarded by 14 October 2016 to:
PO Box 2128
NZNO Representative on the New Zealand Resuscitation Council
Expression of Interest
NZNO is seeking a registered nurse with expert skills in resuscitation both as a leader and as a participant and familiarity with the NZRC Certificate of Resuscitation (CORE) to represent our members on the New Zealand Resuscitation Council (NZRC)
Requires a broad range of nursing practice experience in a variety of contexts from pre-hospital to tertiary care environments
Some knowledge of advanced directives would be valuable
Requirements of the role are:
- The person will be located in or close to Wellington
- Attendance at five NZRC meetings per year in Wellington and additional meetings as necessary
- Attendance at the annual NZRC conference
- Contributing to the four yearly review of the international guidelines
- Providing feedback to NZNO’s members on changes to guidelines and other relevant issues
Expenses/costs of meeting attendance will be met by NZNO.
Your Expression Of Interest should be marked Confidential and must be delivered by 5pm on 28 October 2016 to:
PO Box 2128
Expression Of Interest NZNO Representative on NZRC (DOCX, 28KB)