Lead Organiser – Waikato/Bay of Plenty
New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO), NZ’s largest health sector union and the professional body for nurses, is seeking applications for the role of Lead Organiser. This role is permanent, and will be 0.6 – 0.8 FTE.
This position will ideally be based in our Hamilton office, and is responsible for supervisory management and coaching of a team of union organisers across two offices.
The successful candidate will:
- Be skilled in supervisory management -
- Able to create a positive and motivating working environment
- Able to delegate effectively, constructively assigning work
- Able to establish clear expectations and monitor performance
- Have a sound understanding of employment matters, and a commitment to and affinity with the trade union movement or community activism - ideally at least five years’ experience as a Be culturally sensitive, able to skilfully support cultural or other forms of diversity
- Have well developed communication skills (written and verbal) and have the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Demonstrate conflict resolution skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ideally have first-hand knowledge of the health sector
- Have good IT skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and politically aware person to take a key regional leadership role in our dynamic organisation.
A full position description is available from Claire Casey, with whom applications (CV and covering letter please) close at 5 pm on 26 June 2015 at:
NZ Nurses Organisation
PO Box 1084
Telephone 03 474 6498