Organiser Vacancy – Full-time
Based in Christchurch
NZNO, New Zealand’s largest health sector union and the professional body for nurses, is seeking applications for the full-time (40 hours per week) role of union Organiser, based in our friendly Christchurch office.
Key responsibilities of this role are organising NZNO members and developing delegates, including building and servicing membership; representing and advocating in an employment relationship setting; and negotiating collective employment agreements.
The person we need will have a positive and enthusiastic outlook, a demonstrated commitment to union or community activism, excellent all-round communication skills, knowledge of the health sector/a nursing or health background, and the ability to build and maintain constructive relationships.
Desirable attributes include industrial relations experience or qualifications and a knowledge of employment law.
If you can add to these things good basic IT skills, a current drivers license and an understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we’d love to hear from you.
A full position description is available from Claire Casey with whom applications (CV and covering letter please) close at 5 pm on Wednesday 12 February 2014 at:
NZ Nurses Organisation
P O Box 1084
Telephone (03) 474 6498
Christchurch or Wellington based
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the largest and most influential nursing association in the health sector. This new legal position will be practising medico-legal law primarily.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a barrister and solicitor of the High Court, with an LLB
- Have litigation experience
- Preferably be experienced in medico-legal matters / health law
- Provide legal advice and support for members and staff
- Represent members in legal forums (e.g. Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Coroners inquests, Nursing Council Professional Conduct Committees, Heath and Disability Commissioner inquiries) as appropriate.
- Provide legal expertise to assist NZNO in its analysis of legislation or Bills and preparation of submissions.
- Provide legal skills, resources and expertise to facilitate and achieve the aims and policies of the NZ Nurses Organisation.
- Contribute to NZNO policy development
- Contribute articles on topical legal matters to Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand journal and other NZNO publications.
- Have the ability to travel to meet the requirements of the position as necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer to join a dynamic, high performance legal team. An attractive salary package is offered.
Applications should be marked confidential, include a covering letter and a curriculum vitae and be forwarded by 5pm 23 January 2013 to:
Emma HayNZNOPO Box 2128WellingtonEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Full Time Position
Our Campaigns Adviser is taking leave from the end of January 2014 until the beginning of February 2015. We are therefore seeking to fill this vacancy for this period.
The purpose of the role is to ensure effective campaign development and implementation which is reflective of NZNO's goals internally (to members and staff) and externally (to the general public) in such a way as to build support for those goals.
The successful candidate must have:
- A comprehensive knowledge of campaigning to achieve change both theoretically and practically
- Excellent communications and networking skills
- The ability to self manage and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- A proven commitment to unionism and collectivism
- Knowledge of health, employment and social policy
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyse complex issues
- Awareness of women’s issues
Are you creative? Do you think outside the square? Then apply now! Forward your CV and covering letter to:
Donna Simpson, NZ Nurses OrganisationEmail: email@example.com Applications close Friday 17 January 2014