Professional Nursing Adviser - Central North Island
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the largest and most influential nursing association and union in the health sector. The professional nursing adviser role provides support to members and staff on nursing practice and development.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a registered nurse with a practising certificate
- Have worked at a senior level in nursing
- Be informed on the significance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi for NZNO and the health of New Zealanders
- Be skilled in research and critical analysis
- Communicate and present well to diverse groups
- Be able to synthesise information and write clearly
- Be informed on New Zealand health and nursing sector issues
- Be strongly interested in national and international social, economic and health issues
- Be knowledgeable regarding legislation affecting health and the health workforce
- Have a commitment to nurses, other health workers, social justice and the union movement.
This is an exciting opportunity for a politically aware nurse to join a dynamic, high performance team.
The candidate will ideally be situated in Palmerston North.
- be marked Confidential
- include a covering letter and curriculum vitae
- be forwarded to Emma Hay at NZNO, by 5pm Friday 5th September 2014, via post or email as below.
PO Box 2128