Part-Time Assistant Co-Editor Kai Tiaki, Wellington
8 Hours per week (0.2 FTE)
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. Our job and responsibility is to represent more than 46,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora, and health workers in Aotearoa/ New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters and we are affiliated to the International Council of Nurses (ICN) and the New Zealand Council of Trade Unions (NZCTU). NZNO embraces the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist, preferably with health experience, to join a dynamic production team. The assistant co-editor will support the Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand co-editors in their management of the monthly journal and contribute to its preparation and production.
The successful candidate will
- Be able to gather information through a variety of sources (including interviews, reports, web & database searches)
- Have the knowledge and skills to proof and edit copy
- Be able to competently apply layout & design principles
- Be able to take high resolution photographs to a publishable standard
- Be competent in using InDesign software
- Have knowledge of pre- and post-printing production and printing processes
- Have a commitment to NZNO’s values and work.
Attractive salary package with employer superannuation contribution.
Download the Job Description
Applications should be marked 'Confidential', include a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and be forwarded by 5pm on Friday 5 February 2016 to:
PO Box 2128
Enquiries to: email@example.com
Back to top