Share your ideas, innovations and expertise. The call for abstracts is now open.
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is pleased to open the call for abstracts for the 2015 annual Conference, Nursing: Shaping Our Healthcare.
The conference theme aims to explore the role of nursing’s significant contribution to improving the health, whānau ora and wellbeing of people, whānau, hapū, iwi and communities by shaping the unique healthcare delivered in Aotearoa New Zealand.
There is much positive nursing development in Aoteaora New Zealand which is shaping healthcare. This is your opportunity to share your innovations and achievements, allow others to learn from your developments as you will learn from theirs. NZNO’s annual conference is vibrant and attracts nurses, students, educators and researchers from all health sectors across the country, creating multiple opportunities for relationship building and networking.
There will be three streams for the concurrent sessions. Abstracts are to address one of the sub-themes. Presentations are to be up to a maximum of 20 minutes plus time for discussion. In keeping with the conference theme Nurses – Shaping Our Healthcare the sub-themes are:
Nursing – shaping models of care in our healthcare
Models of care may be defined both broadly and narrowly. They can include but are not limited to service models, indigenous health models, Māori health models, new patient pathways, integrated care and new ways of delivering nursing services to address health for all and work towards equity and access to healthcare.
Nursing – shaping knowledge contributing to the evidence base
This sub-theme will present original work describing knowledge and/or innovations in education that are contributing to, or have the potential to contribute to advancing of the evidence base for effective nursing, bicultural nursing, or indigenous nursing practice. In particular we are looking for abstracts describing the latest research results and/or innovations in education that are shaping our healthcare.
Nursing – shaping our healthcare through influencing nursing in the workplace
This sub-theme has a very broad scope and may include safe staffing practices, healthy workplace practices and conditions, pay equity policies, policy and process change, practice innovation and leadership, bicultural leadership, or indigenous leadership development.
Abstracts may be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Concurrent session: papers are presented orally with the presenter being allocated a maximum of 20 minutes for presentation followed by time for discussion.
- Poster: a visual display on a poster board of the material to be presented and may constitute an interactive session.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is midnight 12 June 2015.
- The abstract must be no more than 250 words including title and authors information.
- Abstracts are to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts must be in English and/or Te Reo Māori
- Successful applicants will be notified by 3 July 2015 if their abstract has been accepted.
Factors to be considered during selection are:
- Contribution to nursing knowledge, practice, systems, healthcare delivery, health service and quality patient outcomes.
- Relevance to Conference and abstract sub-theme
- Professional merit
- Clarity of abstract
- Interest to a nursing audience in New Zealand.
- 30 January 2015 submissions of abstracts open
- 12 June 2015 submission of abstracts closes
- 3 July 2015 notification of acceptance of abstracts
- 10 July presenter confirmation of acceptance
- 17 July abstract presenter registration deadline
Download the Call for Abstracts (PDF, 55KB)