The College of Emergency Nurses New Zealand (NZNO) is part of the professional arm of NZNO, formed especially for Emergency Nurses by Emergency Nurses.
We are committed as a group to the forward movement of our profession in Emergency Care.
- Membership period runs from 1st April to 31st March.
- Membership must be renewed within 3 months of expiry or privileges will be revoked.
- Please use full membership form for new memberships and renewals
New & Current members
Full Membership Form (PDF) - 1st April 2013 to 31 March 2014
Honorary Life Membership
For the rules regarding honorary life membership download the:
Life Membership Nomination (PDF)
For any enquiries regarding membership please contact Libby Haskell at
View details of CENNZ membership process (PDF)
Process for joining the college
When nurses join the NZNO, they nominate two speciality areas within nursing as an “Expression of Interest”.
The nomination of Emergency Nursing will automatically classify them as an Associate member.
Full membership status is granted on formal application to the college subject to the criteria below being met.
Complete an expression of interest form (link)
Every two years the NZNO will send members a form to determine whether they still have an interest in this speciality.
Enquiries about membership should be directed to the committee member identified as membership coordinator.
There are two levels of membership:
- Any qualified nurse that identifies with emergency nursing
- Financial member of NZNO
- Pays the annual levy to CENNZ –NZNO. This levy shall be set by the committee annually.
Full members may hold office, have full voting rights and are eligible to apply for financial assistance as offered in the form of scholarships by CENNZ–NZNO.
They are required to pay an annual levy to the college which entitles them to the college magazine which is currently published three times a year. This is presently set at $25 annually.
Associate Membership form (PDF) - 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014
- Qualified nurse interested in emergency nursing but not necessarily in practice. Must be a financial member of NZNO unless resident overseas.
- Allied health professional interested in emergency care.
- These are not required to be financial members of NZNO, but may belong to Health Professional NZ (another branch of NZNO). This group may include MRTs, anaesthetic technicians and laboratory technicians.
- Members of consumer groups who have an interest in emergency care, who are not eligible for NZNO membership. This group may include drug company representatives, medical supply company representatives, voluntary care groups like “Friends of the ED” (FEDS).
Associate members are currently not required to pay a levy. They hold no voting rights and are not eligible for financial support administered by the college. Likewise they cannot hold office within the college.