The Perioperative Nurses College of NZNO is the professional organisation of perioperative nurses in New Zealand.
We are affiliated to the New Zealand Nurses Organisation and promote excellence in nursing practice in the pre-, intra- and postoperative care of patients.
The functions, structure and goals of the Perioperative Nurses College (NZNO).
On this page:
The specific functions of the Perioperative Nurses College of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation are to:
- Provide nursing leadership and strategic direction for Perioperative Nurses
- Develop and maintain professional standards for Perioperative Nursing
- Develop and co-ordinate education programmes for Perioperative Nurses
- Promote the value of Perioperative Nursing and Perioperative Nurses
- Represent the specialty of Perioperative Nursing both nationally and internationally
- Provide a professional support network
- Maintenance of Perioperative Nursing College Status
- Establish a national education programme for Perioperative Nurses
- Establish an accreditation process for Perioperative Nurses
- Promote the Perioperative Nurses College to Perioperative nurses and increase the membership
The Mission of Perioperative Nurses College, NZNO is to support and promote the safe and optimal care of all patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures. This is achieved by promoting high standards of nursing practice through education and research. PNC support and adhere to the NZNO standards of nursing practice, principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the vision and direction provided by the International Federation of Perioperative Nurses.
- To build perioperative nursing knowledge to promote nursing knowledge
- To establish a strong public image of perioperative nursing and the college
- To build membership and support increasing capacity and capability within the college’s membership
- Increase membership participation and awareness of local, national and international Perioperative nursing issues
- Support professional development of perioperative nurses
- To protect the interests of NZNO and the PNC by upholding organisational values
- To be financially effective in all processes
- To have a strong financial base
- To raise the public profile of perioperative nursing
- To support and promote access to safe and optimal care during operative and other invasive procedures by all New Zealanders