New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) sections and colleges comprise of groups of members with a focus on a specific field of nursing.
In February 2010 NZNO adopted a strategic framework for future development of NZNO special interest groups, which you can read in full below.
- National sections relating to a clinical specialty practice will move towards meeting the criteria to become a clinical college.
- National sections which represent a membership or role classification will remain as a section.
- New groups of members will be either directed to an existing clinical college or form as a virtual network.
NZNO National Sections, Colleges and Virtual Networks: a framework for future development (PDF)
Benefits of belonging to an NZNO national section or college
Our sections and colleges:
- provide expert knowledge and advice to the government and other national bodies.
- participate in the development of evidence-based guidelines and specialty competencies.
- advance practice through policy and professional development opportunities.
- keep you informed through newsletters and publications.
You can be part of this!
As an NZNO member you can join up to two sections or colleges related to your practice.