Nurses for Children and Young People of Aotearoa support nurses through the development of specialty knowledge and skills, to meet the unique health needs of all children, youth and families.
E tautoko nga nehi e Te Roopu Nehi mo Nga Tamariki ratou ko nga Rangatahi o Aotearoa i roto i te tino matauranga me nga pukenga. Ma tenei huarahi ka taea e ratou te whai oranga mo nga tamariki katoa, te rangatahi me te whanau.
The aims of Nurses for Children and Young People of Aotearoa (National Section NZNO) shall be:
- To be the recognised professional organisation of all Nurses for Children and Young People in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
- To recruit nurses and associated health care members practising, identifying with, and/or interested in the care of children and young people to belong to the NZNO Nurses for Children and Young People Aotearoa national section.
- To practice within the protection, partnership and participation principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- To develop and disseminate Standards of Practice for Nurses for Children and Young People Aotearoa
- To provide a communications network for all members including regular newsletters, conferences and disseminating information on issues pertaining to nurses who care for or have an interest in children and young people.
- To liaise with appropriate authorities on social and health issues relevant to children and young people nursing and community health.
- To encourage, promote and provide the development of educational programmes/seminars for nurses of children and young people and those interested in the nursing care of children and young people.
- To encourage and support research into issues affecting the nursing of children and young people.
- To actively facilitate the ongoing strategic and professional development of nurses of children and young people in conjunction with NZNO and appropriate health authorities.
- To promote nursing of children and young people and increase the profile of nurses of children and young people.
- To communicate and liaise with other child and young people organisations at a national and international level.
- To support the objectives, policy and activities of NZNO.
Passionate about children and young people’s health in New Zealand?
Then you need to belong to the Nurses for Children and Young People of Aotearoa section.
We promote co-operation and the sharing of knowledge and skills among nurses concerned with the health of children, young people and their families - both in hospital and community settings.
With CYPA you can be supported, get information on further education and research and participate in national conferences.
This section offers:
- a vehicle for talking online to other nurses throughout the country
- a voice to foster and promote cohesive child advocacy in the political arena
- opportunities to comment on and/or contribute to proposals, legislation, and national policies which affect children, young people and their families.
Newborn Pre-enrolment Toolkit
The Newborn Pre-enrolment Toolkit and the instructional video are now available on the Ministry of Health's Website. The toolkit and video provide:
- information about the Preliminary Newborn Enrolment policy aims and rationale
- a step-by-step guide on the preliminary newborn enrolment process
- an algorithm for newborn pre-enrolment
- the newborn pre-enrolment business rules
- frequently asked questions
- sample letters and instructions on how the newborn pre-enrolment code will operate in the various practice management systems.
ACCYPN E-Learning Opportunities
ACCYPN Webcasts are recordings of past events that can be purchased and then watched online or downloaded on demand. The re-launch online service will allow you to select and pay to watch your choice of programme from those available on the ACCYPN website.
You can now purchase individual sessions at a reduced cost - there are over 40 topics to select from! On average, you can purchase an hour of learning for $20.00. You can record 1 CPD point per hour of viewing.
These E-Learning opportunities are useful if you have been unable to make it to an event or if you would like to re-visit some of the topics.
Click here to visit the ACCYPN E-Learning pages.
Paediatric Vaccines Research Review
To view or download click on link below:
Child Health Research Review
To view or download click on link below:
Child Health Research Review - Issue 1, 2013
Child Health Research Review - Issue 2, 2013
Child Health Research Review - Issue 3, 2013
Child Health Research Review - Issue 4, 2014
Research Review Speaker Series
To view or download click on the link below:
The hidden Impact - The Wider Implications of Pertussis and Varicella Infections (PDF, 717KB)
Children's Commissioners Blog
The Office of the Children's Commissioner advocates for the best interests of all children and young people in New Zealand. The Office of the Children's Commissioner looks to ensure all of their rights are respected and upheld.
Youth Health Nursing - Standards for Effective Practice
For further information please contact Gillian Alcorn, Secretary of the Society for Youth Health Professionals Aotearoa, New Zealand (SYHPANZ)