- The triangle shape represents the Pacific triangle signifying our Pacific heritage.
- The rope represents the linking or weaving of our lives in Aotearoa. The rope effect can also be expressed as weaving together the different strands of our Pacific cultures
- The frigate birds are common to all Pacific Islands and well known for their distant voyages, signifying hope and resilience. They depict Body Mind and Soul, as well as representing Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia
- The blue depicts the sea - the Pacific Ocean that links us all
- The tapa design depicts Pacific art and culture