Develop your nursing practice and earn two hours of CPD by reading the CPD4Nurses article in Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand and completing the associated online learning activities.
CPD4nurses is not an NZNO service. Articles are supplied by CPD4nurses, and independent education company.
Go to www.cpd4nurses.co.nz to learn more or complete the learning acivities. The online service costs $19.95 per article.
Continuing professional development was launched in the February 2011 issue of Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand.
Every month we run a new article to develop your nursing practice. These link to the CPD4nurses website www.cpd4nurses.co.nz which has associated questions and reflection points.
The articles of up to 5000 words will be written or supplied by clinical nurse educator Georgina Casey. She is passionate that nurses’ practice should be supported by up-to-date and relevant scientific knowledge.
2011 articles included:
- Stop That Clot: Haemostasis and anticoagulants
- Aspirin. The wonder drug?
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Pulse oximetry – what are we really measuring?
- Blood transfusion: High risk therapy
- Pain: The fifth vital sign
- Opioid Drugs: Actions, adverse effects and pharmacokinetics
- Wound healing
- Incontinence and Retention
- How drugs act: Pharmacodynamics
- Cholesterol: the good, the bad and the ugly consequences
- Chronic Wounds: Leg ulcers
View or download the CPD4nurses poster (PDF)
Visit the website www.cpd4nurses.co.nz (new window). You will need to set up an online account.