Purpose of the grant
To assist qualified nurses working in aged care to advance their practice through
- Attending conferences
- Attending study days
- Completing post graduate education
The total budget for grants is $5,000. This will be revised each year and may be adjusted as per the financial status of the committee.
Applications will be for:
- Relevant study days
- Post graduate study days
- Local or overseas conferences
The grants may be used towards:
- Attendance at an appropriate overseas or national conference relating to nursing older people
- Attendance at an appropriate study day to advance nursing knowledge in the field of nursing older people
- To fund post graduate education in the field of nursing older people
- The applicant must:
- Be a full financial member of NZNO and
- Be a member of College of Gerontology Nursing for greater than 6 (six) months and
- Be working in the field of nursing older people.
- Only one application per person each study grant year (1st April – 31st March).
- Application must be on official application form. Applications to be received at least 8 weeks before attending study days, conferences, or commencing post graduate study.
- No retrospective applications can be made.
- The successful applicant must submit feed back in the form of a 300 word essay, detailing benefits/application of knowledge to practice gained from receiving a College of Gerontology Nursing Study grant.
- The application must be prepared to have the essay published in the College newsletter, and/or put forward for publication in Kai Tiaki.
To apply complete and return the application form with additional supporting evidence to:
P O Box 2128