Save the Date
2020 Nurse Managers NZ Leadership Development Coaching and Mentoring Workshop - Dunedin
Date: Friday 20 March 2020
Venue: Otago Museum, 419 Great King Street, Dunedin
- The above workshop has been cancelled
NZNO Nursing Leadership Section, NZNO Tapuhi Mana Whakatipu Conference 2020
Date: Thursday 5 - Friday 6 November 2020
Whanganui Memorial Centre, Queens Park, Watt Street, Whanganui
- Conference registration information coming soon
Professional providers of clinical management and integral members of the nursing workforce and the health service management team.
The NZNO Nursing Leadership Section, NZNO Tapuhi Mana Whakatipu is a professional section of NZNO dedicated to sound nursing management and leadership to:
- Guide and support the development of resourceful Nursing Leaders
- Encourage nurses to become innovative and sustainable in the delivery of equitable healthcare.
- To be the recognised professional NZNO section of all nurse leaders in New Zealand.
- To recruit nurses practising, identifying with, and/or interested in nursing management and leadership to belong to the NZNO Nursing Leadership Section, NZNO Tapuhi Mana Whakatipu
- To practice within the protection, partnership and participation principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- To provide a communications network for all members including regular newsletters, website updates, practive development and dissemination of information on issues pertaining to clinical and operational management.
- To liaise with appropriate authorities on social and health issues relevant to clinical and operational management.
- To encourage, promote and provide the development of educational forums for Nurse Managers.
- To encourage and support research into nurse management issues.
- To actively facilitate the ongoing strategic and professional development of nurse managers in conjunction with NZNO and appropriate health authorities.
- To promote nurse management and increase the profile of nurse managers.
- To communicate and liaise with other organisations at a national and international level.
- To support the objectives, policy and activities of NZNO.