On this page
Expressions of Interest
CANCER NURSES COLLEGE NATIONAL COMMITTEE
Click here for more information.
Submissions close: 20 May 2021
Return to top
WHETū I TE RANGI SYMPOSIUM
Date: Monday, 3 May 2021
Time: 08.30 am – 4.00 pm
Venue: Oceania Room, Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington
Cost: $190 (incl. GST) per person
For more information: Symposium 2021 - Whetū i te Rangi - Mary Potter Hospice
Register on Eventbrite here
Date: Friday 7 May 2021
Time: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Venue: Clinical Education Centre, Auckland City Hospital
See programme or To register
NZNO 2021 CONFERENCE
Date: 15-16 September 2021
- 15 September: Conference open to NZNO members and non-member nurses, health professionals, and anyone with an interest in nursing.
- 16 September: AGM is open to NZNO members.
Venue: Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington
Registrations open mid-June
We are pleased to advise that the NZNO Call for Abstracts is now open and is an opportunity for you to showcase:
- your College or Section and the important being undertaken in your community,
- projects of interest, and
- research etc to share with your colleagues at the NZNO Conference.
For more information about the theme, process and dates, visit Call for Abstracts, or for information on the Conference click here.
Abstracts close at 5.00pm, 4 June 2021.
We look forward to receiving your Abstract submissions.
5TH ASIAN ONCOLOGY NURSING SOCIETY CONFERENCE 2021
Theme: Innovations of Science and Art in Oncology Nursing
Date: 17-19 November 2021
Country: Taipei, Taiwan
AONS Conference Flyer
For more information, visit the Conference website
NZSO VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Date: 16 October 2021
For more information on the Conference, click here.
To register go to: https://innovators.eventsair.com/nzso-2020/registration/Site/Register
Applications for the NZSO Awards close Friday, 28 August, click here to make a submission.
NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE CANCER NETWORK (NCCN) 2021 VIRTUAL NURSING PROGRAM
Theme: Advanced Oncology Nursing
Date: Wednesday, 17 March 2021
Time: 03.30 - 10.00 am
View the full agenda and speakers here
This virtual one-day event will offer educational sessions covering a range of topics including:
- Cultivating Nursing Resilience during a Pandemic
- Patient-Reported Outcomes: Assessment and Interventions to Improve Symptom Management
- Evolution of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Keeping up with the Molecular Targets in the Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Navigating Treatment Selection for Patients with Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- Current Clinical Challenges in Cancer Pain Management
- Advancing Survivorship Care through Program Development
We invite you, our members to participate in the Cancer Nurses College survey, and ask your opinion on:
- practice safety concerns,
- membership communication,
- education needs, and
- what core business the CNC should undertake.
As a committee, we'll use this information to identify the needs of our members, and it will assist in planning going forward.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FPMD9MJ is the link to the survey, which is will be available until 18th December 2020.
Save the date for ICCN 2021
Date: 2-5 February 2021
For more information visit: the Conference website or the registration site.
TeleHealth Webinar: Using Telehealth for Cancer Care during COVID-19
Date: Thursday, 27 August 2020
Time: 7pm to 8pm
To register visit: https://mobilehealth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ivZtstUmTFaRD-_xjU2gVg
Return to top
POSTPONED - Skin Cancer Study Day - Wellington and Lower North Island region
MelNet, Cancer Nurse Coordinators/ Clinical Nurse Specialists, Hutt Valley District Health Board and the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) will host a skin cancer study day for nurses in the Wellington region.
The day will include an overview of:
- skin cancer prevention,
- early detection,
- treatment and care,
- increasing understanding of the journey of a skin cancer patient and
- the critical role of a nurse throughout this journey.
Return to top
SAVE THE DATE for the International Conference on Cancer Nursing 2020
29 March - 1 April 2020
The International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care is pleased to announce the next International Conference on Cancer Nursing (ICCN) to be held from 29 March – 1 April, 2020 in London, United Kingdom. The theme for ICCN 2020 is Innovation and Inspiration: Celebrating the Global Impact of Oncology Nurses.
ICCN is the longest running international conference for our profession and offers a unique opportunity to meet with international nursing leaders from around the world. The conference is attended by practitioners, researchers, educators and leaders from national/regional cancer nursing societies, oncology institutions and other organizations representing cancer nurses around the world.
Contact ICCN at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skin Cancer Nurses Study Day - Canterbury Region
This event is hosted by Cancer Nurse Coordinators and MelNet for primary and secondary care nurses and nursing students.
Friday, 21 February 2020 from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Room 314, Manawa,
For more information take a look at the Skin Cancer Study Day Flyer (PDF, 374KB)
Return to top
University of Auckland, School of Nursing
Knowledge Science in Speciality Nursing - Palliative Care 30 Points Semester 2
This course aims to give nurses the opportunity to extend their clinical specialty knowledge in caring for clients in specialty clinical areas. The focus is on 2 main areas:
- Scientific concepts and pathophysiological process
- Application of specialty knowledge and skill to client care.
- Download the course flyer (PDF, 125KB)