NZICU Research Nurse contacts
Intensive Care Research Coordinator Interest Group (IRCIG)
As well as belonging to NZCCCN we are all active members of the IRCIG, which is:
- An endorsed sub-committee of the ANZICS Clinical Trials Group (ANZICS CTG) which was formalised in March 2000
- A collective of dedicated Research Coordinators (RC) who collaborate to support and facilitate the activities of the CTG
- A subgroup which has representation on the CTG Executive Committee
The specific aims of the IRCIG are to:
- Provide peer support for ICU Research Coordinators
- Assist with communication between RCs throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Endeavour to meet the educational requirements of RCs
- Promote recognition of the pivotal role of the RC in clinical trials
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues related to RCs
- To advise the CTG on issues concerning RCs
- Promote ICU inter-hospital nursing and RC related research projects
- Ensure CTG studies receive input from RCs through representation on project executive committees
For further information and questions on IRCIG please contac
If you are a member of the ANZICS Clinical Trials Group (CTG) and would like to become a member of IRCIG and receive emails please contact us.
IRCIG Mentor Program
The Intensive care Research Coordinator Interest Group (IRCIG) Mentor Program is an initiative of the IRCIG. The IRCIG recognises that many Research Coordinators are new to research and are also working in isolation. Therefore, Research Coordinators often lack the guidance and support, which can be offered by their peers. In order to address this issue, the IRCIG has established a Mentor Program.
The aims of the IRCIG Mentor Program are to:
- Be a first point of contact for all new Research Coordinators
- Introduce new Research Coordinators to the IRCIG
- Form a communication link between the IRCIG and Research Coordinators
- Be a resource available to Research Coordinators
- Direct Research Coordinators to other appropriate resources
- Offer peer support to Research Coordinators
Mentor Program Representatives
There are a total of 8 Research Coordinators within the Mentor Program and each represent a geographical location within Australia and New Zealand. The national New Zealand representative and Australian state representatives are all experienced Research Coordinators who have volunteered for these roles.
New Zealand contact for the IRCIG Mentor Program is Yan Chen, to contact please email email@example.com for further information or enquires.
IRCIG web address:
MRINZ intensive care researchers
MRINZ intensive care researchers are committed to the mission of the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group which is “to promote excellence in Intensive Care medicine through collaborative clinical research focused on improving patient-centred outcomes”. The collaborative spirit and ideals that underpin this mission have led us to collaborate with like-minded researchers from all around the world. With the support of the Health Research Council of New Zealand the MRINZ has contributed to practice-changing trials in all aspects of intensive care medicine.
Back to top