Join the College now
If you are passionate about the health of New Zealand’s children and young people, join us in the College of Child & Youth Nurses (CCYN) (NZNO), Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō.
CCYN, Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō promotes the sharing of knowledge and skills, and provides a professional network for nurses working with children, young people, and their families throughout the healthcare system. EOI Form
CCYN (NZNO), Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō, supports nurses through the development of specialty knowledge and skills, to meet the unique health needs of all children, young people and their families.
To promote excellence of nursing practice within child and young persons’ health.
The aims of CCYN (NZNO), Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō shall be:
- To be the recognised professional organisation for all nurses of children and young people in Aotearoa, New Zealand,
- To recruit nurses and associated health care members who are practising within child health and/or are interested in the care of children and young people to belong to the CCYN (NZN)O, Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō
- To practice within the four principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi,
- To develop and disseminate standards of practice for nurses of children and young people in Aotearoa, New Zealand, and
- To communicate and liaise with children’s and young people’s organisations at a national and international level.
What we offer
CCYN (NZNO), Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō offers collegiate support, information regarding current research and education opportunities, and regular national conferences/symposiums. CCYN (NZNO),Tapuhitia Ngā Mokopuna Mō Apōpō also offers:
- A link between nurses throughout Aotearoa/New Zealand
- A voice to foster and promote cohesive child advocacy in the political arena
- Opportunities to comment on and/or contribute to proposals, legislation and national policies which affect children, young people and their families.