On this page:
Bernadette Hart Award
Section members may make application annually for the Bernadette Hart Award. The award is for conference or course costs.
Applications close on 30 November each year.
Back to top
The Liberty NZ Stomal Therapy Publishing Excellence Award
The Award aims to:
- Recognise the endeavours of nurses working in the field of stomal therapy
- Encourage them to achieve excellence by publishing in the NZNOCSTN journal The Outlet.
All NZNOCSTN members who meet the award criteria can submit their article to be assessed for the award.
The Award is to the value of $2,000. In the event that there is more than one worthy recipient the amount may be shared.
The Award is to be used for:
- Travel, accommodation and/or registration to attend a national or international conference related to stomal therapy, or
- To facilitate participation in an accredited post graduate study program leading to qualification as a Stomal Therapist, or appropriate study in the associated area intended to advance the knowledge and understanding of the discipline of stomal therapy.
- Be a member of NZNOCSTN, both at the time of publishing and at the time the Award is made
- Have submitted a previously unpublished/awarded original article which has been published in The Outlet and which complies with the Award Criteria
- Have completed the entry form and submitted to The Outlet editors by September in the year of the award. The Award will be made in the same year as the NZNOCSTN biennial conference.
- Only one article per author can be submitted for assessment and only original entries will be considered
- The journals from which articles can be submitted for assessment are those published in the two years prior to the 2020 biennial conference as follows;
- November 2018
- March, July and November 2019
- March and July 2020
By submitting and applying for the Award, the publisher agrees that their name and/or article can be used by Liberty Medical for Education and Marketing. The assessment panel will critique submitted articles for value to Stomal Therapy practice, contribution to understanding the patient experience, innovation in practice and contribution to the body of Stomal Therapy knowledge.
The Award recipient will be announced at the NZNOCSTN biennial conference and the Award will be made by a Liberty representative.
Back to top
Liberty Stomal Therapy Nurse Education Scholarship Fund
In support of advancing clinical practice and delivering improved patient outcomes, Liberty Medical New Zealand is pleased to provide:
- Educational grants to two (2) NZ registered nurses
- To the value of $4,000 NZD each
- To provide financial assistance towards enrolment to the Australian College of Nursing Postgraduate Course in Stomal Therapy Nursing.
- Get the application form on the NZNO Scholarships and Grants page
Back to top
Conva Tec Scholarship Announcement
The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) in collaboration with ConvaTec ANZ is delighted to offer three full scholarships for nurses to complete the ACN Graduate Certificate in Stomal Therapy Nursing, commencing July 2021. Closing date: 31 May 2021.
Download Information Sheet (PDF, 102KB)
ConvaTec ANZ is delighted to announce that three nurses have been awarded scholarships to take the Graduate Certificate in Stomal Therapy Nursing, commencing August 2020.
Download the media announcement (PDF, 88KB)
Back to top