The Nursing Education and Research Foundation (NERF) and NZNO offer NZNO members a range of scholarships and grants. These grants are funded from various trusts including the Gretta and Harry Hamblin Trust and the McCutchan Trust. NZNO also administers a range of other NZNO local and national grants.
NERF's mission is to promote excellence in nursing and health care by providing funding opportunities for education and research.
Scholarships and grants are only available to current NZNO members.
(Except the McCutchan Trust Scholarship - please see the specific criteria for this scholarship).
Important Information for applicants!
- The scholarships and grants available for the next round are available below. PLEASE NOTE: Only applications lodged on the latest forms will be accepted by the assessment panel – old forms will not be considered.
- Application forms for NERF should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in any format, but they must be emailed by 4.00pm on the closing date.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The decision of the assessment panel committee is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- To be eligible for any grant or scholarship through NERF or NZNO you must not have received any funding within one year of receiving a previous NERF or NZNO grant or scholarship. Priority will be given to applicants who have not received a grant within the previous two years.
- This Kai Tiaki Nursing Research guest editorial by Zoë Tipa may be useful to those considering applying for scholarships and grants (PDF, 419Kb).
Scholarships & Grants, NZ Nurses Organisation, 57 Willis Street, PO Box 2128, Wellington 6140
Phone: 0800 28 38 48