Applications close at 4:00pm on 31 March 2021.
You will be notified as to whether your application is successful or unsuccessful by the end of May 2021.
The maximum amount available for each applicant in 2021 will be $800.
The amount of any grant is determined by the Committee and will be decided based on the total fund amount available once all applications are assessed.
This grant is available to all NZNO financial members and is awarded annually.
The purpose of this fund is to provide members with assistance for professional development activities to enhance health care outcomes/provision in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
Members can apply for the following:
- Option 1: Fees for undergraduate and postgraduate study
- Option 2: Registration fees for ongoing education such as; short courses, conferences, seminars, workshops
- Option 3: Textbooks related to study
- Option 4: Travel and accommodation
- Option 5: Other course related costs may be considered.
The fund is not available for any mandatory training required by an employer which is the employer’s responsibility to provide or fund.
To apply you must be a financial member of NZNO as at 1 January in the year for which you seek funding.
The activity for which you seek funding must:
- Be relevant to the practice of nursing in New Zealand
- Contribute to better health outcomes for the people of Aotearoa
- Not be part of employer mandatory training.
For Caregivers, For Enrolled Nurses, For Nurse Practitioners, For Registered Midwives, For Registered Nurses, For Student Nurses, National