The NZ Aesthetic Nurses Group started in 2007 to develop clinical standards, peer review, educational and professional career pathways for nurses who choose to work in Aesthetics.
The Aesthetic Nurse performs cosmetic enhancing treatments including, but not limited to:
- cosmetic injectables such as Botulinum Toxin A
- IPL treatments for various skin and health benefits (tattoo removal, hair removal, pigmentation, skin rejuvenation)
- micro-sclerotherapy (superficial unsightly veins)
- surgitron (removal of skin tags).
The Aesthetic Nurse usually works:
- in a collegial relationship within a team or
- directly under the guidance of a medical practitioner or
- under the standing orders of a medical practitioner.