NZNO is proud of its network of speciality sections and colleges which brings thousands of nurses with common interests together. If you are passionate about your specialty and want to be engaged in professional debates and developments then this is an opportunity to do so.
Colleges and sections are run by members, for members. No other national organisation offers nurses and other health workers the opportunity to meet and develop their collective knowledge and strength in this way.
Two ways to join
- Apply online below
- Print, complete and return the paper application form (PDF, 126KB)
Your application will be forwarded to the relevant section or college, which will contact you about membership criteria and associated fees (if there are any).
- You can join up to three Sections or Colleges
- Membership is subject to you meeting the Section or College criteria
- You must be a current NZNO member.
Benefits of membership
- Being part of the specialty Nursing Group whose main focus is Mental Health Nursing
- Networking with Mental Health Nurses throughout New Zealand
- Indemnity insurance specialized legal representation, professional and industrial assistance when needed through NZNO membership
- An influential voice in health policy decision making through Mental Health Nursing Section representation within the NZNO Structure
- Support of a Professional Nurse Advisor and a policy analyst within the NZNO Structure
- Regular contact through National Section Newsletters
- Regular conferences and workshops
- New Zealand focus for New Zealand nurses.
- Full Member: Any person who is: a qualified nurse practicing in Mental Health Care.
- Associate Member: Any person who is:
- A qualified nurse interested in Mental Health, but not necessarily in practice
- An allied professional interested in Mental Health Care
- A support worker interested in Mental Health Care.