Neonatal Nurses College of Aotearoa (NNCA) is a college of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation.
It has a committee of six to eight individuals elected from the membership that work to achieve the following objectives.
Objectives of the NNCA
- To promote the networking of neonatal nurses, nationally and internationally.
- To provide educational opportunities for Neonatal nurses and to disseminate information regarding neonatal educational programmes.
- To support and encourage New Zealand neonatal nurses to contribute to the international body of neonatal knowledge.
- To raise public awareness of issues relating to the care of neonates.
- To ensure that the views of neonatal nurses are represented in relevant health policy issues.
- To disseminate information to neonatal nurses throughout New Zealand via regular newsletters and electronic media
- To develop / formalise standards and recommendations for neonatal nursing practice.