The Ministry of Health is requesting feedback on their draft Framework for Health Literacy, documents are attached below:
- Download the Draft Framework for Health Literacy (PDF, 499KB)
- Download the Presentation notes about the Draft Framework for Health Literacy (PDF, 194KB)
A Health System Response
Health literacy is the capacity to find and use information and health services to make effective decisions for health and wellbeing. It is fundamental to the primary health care approach to improving population health that NZNO identified as a priority for health.
The Framework for Health Literacy is designed to support action on health literacy improvement at all levels and includes:
- the health system
- health organisations eg: NGOs, PHOs, practitioner associations, regulatory bodies
- health practitioners and ALL staff
- individuals and whānau (shows impact of actions at other levels).
Download the Health Literacy survey questions below (DOCX, 184KB)
Please note the following NZNO publications below:
- NZNO Position statement on Health Literacy 2012 (PDF, 320KB)
- NZNO Health Literacy Policy and Practice for Nurses – A Call for Action, 2012 (PDF, 341KB)
Feedback due 5:00pm, 27 March 2015
Please email the completed survey form to Salli_Rowe@moh.govt.nz by 5:00 pm on Friday 27 March 2015. All feedback will be acknowledged.