The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) represents more than 51,000 nurses and health workers.
- We are the leading professional body of nurses in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Our members include nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora, health care workers and allied health professionals.
- Our members are united in their professional and industrial aspirations.
- We are the nursing union in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Te Runanga o Aotearoa is the arm through which our Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership is articulated.
- Our members enhance the health and wellbeing of all people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
We negotiate salary and conditions for nurses, midwives and hospital aides working in the public and private sectors, other health professionals and health sector workers. We provide professional support and leadership for nurses and midwives and clinical development through special interest sections and colleges.
NZNO is committed to the representation of its members and the promotion of nursing and midwifery. NZNO embraces Te Tiriti O Waitangi and seeks to improve the health status of all peoples of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
We work with our members to provide:
- Indemnity Insurance – comprehensive insurance specially designed for the work members do.
- Scholarships and grants – there's a wide range available to members.
- Education - training seminars, study days and workshops on ethical, legal, professional and industrial issues for career development.
- Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand – keeping members in touch with the world of nursing and health.
- A comprehensive Library – resource material often not available elsewhere.
- Industrial Services – wage and working conditions' negotiations and help with any disciplinary issues. Campaigning on the key issues affecting members.
- Professional Services – 23 special interest colleges/sections providing professional leadership, support and advice.
- Legal Services – a team of experienced lawyers when needed.
Find out more about NZNO's work, structure and staff by choosing from from the top menu.