NZNO seeks your feedback on the government’s major review of the health system.
The draft terms of reference for the Health and Disability Review indicate that it will cover:
- How accessibility can be improved
- How the system balances services with population density
- Future-proofing the system - how the system will cope with climate change, technological advancement and antibiotic resistance
- Whether the system could be fairer, more equitable and effective
- How global healthcare is evolving
- How funding could be altered to improve flexibility and reduce inequities
- Infrastructure needs
- Increasing the priority of primary care and prevention
Areas outside the draft ToR are:
- The ACC scheme
- Private health insurance
- Disability system
We encourage you to respond to the Review both individually and via Colleges and Sections, Sector groups and Regions etc.
Send feedback to email@example.com by 12 July 2018, or ASAP if you wish to comment on the ToR.