Members are invited to feedback on the
Consultation on immigration settings for international students re:
Which proposes to:
- remove employer assisted post-study work visas at all levels;
- retain a one year post-study open work visa for non-degree Level 7 or below qualifications;
- provide a three year post-study open work visa for degree Level 7 or above qualifications;
- require students completing non-degree Level 7 or below qualifications to undertake at least two years of study to be entitled to post-study work rights; and
- require international students studying Level 8 or 9 qualifications to be studying an area specified on the Long Term Skill Shortage list in order for their partner to be eligible for an open work visa, and in turn the partner’s dependent children to be eligible for fee-free compulsory schooling.
Your feedback is sought on the implication of these proposals for:
- international nursing graduates;
- attracting/deterring international students to study here; and
- whether the pathways for international students post graduation are fit-for-purpose and help to contribute to the skills New Zealand needs
Send feedback to email@example.com by 22nd July 2018.