February 2021 contents page (PDF, 330KB)
Nurses buckle under 'relentless' workload (PDF, 1MB)
© Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand.
If you would like permission to re-publish this article elsewhere, particularly on another website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your articles
Share your practice innovations, your expertise and your professional views in relation to any of the 2020 issue themes below.
Contribute to the Kai Tiaki 2020 campaign: Bullying in nursing
The Kai Tiaki co-editors want to hear from nurses/midwives/HCAs who have experienced bullying and are willing to share their experiences.
We prefer being able to use people’s names when relating their experiences, but can consider anonymity to protect the vulnerable.
We not only want to hear from those who have been bullied, but also from those who have witnessed it, been affected by it or even been bullies themselves.
Deadlines for submission: Kai Tiaki must receive your article by the first of the month BEFORE the related issue is published. For example, if you want to contribute an article to the April 2020 issue about Migrant nurses, we must receive it before 1 March 2020.
Articles are subject to editorial assessment and peer review.
For more information email email@example.com.
2020 Issue themes
Note that in addition to the monthly theme, an aspect of bullying will also be addressed.
- February: Undergraduate education, student writing, introducing the bullying campaign
- March: Women’s health
- April: International Nurses Day/Florence Nightingale’s bicentenary, nursing pioneers of Aotearoa
- May: Critical care nursing
- June: Enrolled nursing
- July: Primary health care
- August: Palliative care
- September: Mental health, Hui-a-tau, general election coverage (policy comparisons?)
- October: NZNO Conference and AGM, climate change/sustainability
- November: Gerontology
- December/January: Pot pourri