NZNO members can login to search the databases below for current articles and information on nursing, health, disability and industrial related topics.
NEW - Public Health Database
ProQuest Public Health is designed to be the ideal starting point for public health information and research. It delivers core public health literature with centralized access to over 800 publications with over 500 in full-text. With journals, news, trade publications, reports and more, ProQuest Public Health covers a wide variety of disciplines ranging from social sciences and biological sciences to business.
Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand
- View issues from February 2003 to date online
- The first 30 years of Kai Tiaki from 1908-1929 have been digitised by the National Library, and are available to the public on the Papers Past website.
Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects. Updated daily. Includes full-text articles from:
- Kai Tiaki Nursing Research
- The Dissector: Journal of the Perioperative Nurses College of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation
Academic OneFile Select
- From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines
- Access scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images.
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre
- Australasian magazines, newspapers, reference books and company information.
Contemporary Women's Issues
- Full-text articles which focus on the critical issues and events that influence women’s lives in more than 190 countries.
- Updated daily, General OneFile is an ideal general research tool with huge topic coverage from contemporary art to science
- Articles are available from a wide range of magazines and newspapers, including Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand from February 2003 onwards.
Health and Wellness Resource Centre
- Authoritative sources to help answer health and medical questions from over 700 health and medical journals
- Includes an online medical encyclopedia and links to relevant websites.
Health Reference Center Academic
This multi-source database provides access to:
- Full text nursing and allied health journals
- The wide variety of personal health information sources in InfoTrac's award-winning Health Reference Center.
Informit Databases - 4
Authoritative research from Australia, New Zealand, Asia Pacific and around the world. Includes:
- Health collection
- New Zealand collection
- Families and society collection
- Humanities and social sciences collection
Includes full text articles from these 2 journals:
- Kai Tiaki Nursing Research: 2010 to date
- The Outlet: NZ Stomal Therapy Nurses: 2008 to date
Nursing and Allied Health Collection
From direct patient care to health care administration, all aspects of the nursing profession are covered in this collection.
Including nearly 400 titles, this Nursing and Allied Health Collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- This collection gives individuals a basic understanding of the study of the mind, emotions and how the human mind develops and diminishes over time
- Includes nearly 4 million articles from 1980 to date
- Access nearly 500 subject-appropriate full-text periodicals - many cited in the PsycINFO index