Medico-Legal Forum - Scope of Practice - Wellington
Event Start: Wednesday, 04 March 2020 at 09:00 a.m.
Event End: Wednesday, 04 March 2020 at 04:30 p.m.
Venue: Harbourside Function Centre, 4 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Cost: Members $120, non-members $150, students free (limited to 10 students at each location)
In February and March 2020 NZNO is hosting medico-legal forums around New Zealand. The forums are designed to inform and update nurses on the aspects of nursing practice governed by law and regulation.
The 2020 forum subject is ‘Scope of Practice’ which addresses:
- What 'scope of practice' means
- Why regulated health professionals would need or have a scope of practice.
Come to a forum to hear the NZNO medico-legal team, professional nursing advisers and other guest speakers discuss and debate this subject. The programme will include topics such as:
- How health practitioners work within their scope of practice, and what happens when they don’t
- Understanding our own and others’ scopes, and the responsibilities of safe direction and delegation
- How nurses can recognise and respond when they notice peers practicing unsafely
This forum is equivalent to 7 CPD hours
We encourage you to apply for study leave to join your peers and colleagues for an informative and interesting day of professional development.
For more information contact Pru Hamilton on WLGPNATemp@nzno.org.nz.