Do you need a break? Want to get away from it all? Be part of a great nursing tradition and visit Sounds Cottage. If you enjoy outdoor activities or just want to get away from it all Sounds Cottage offers an affordable opportunity to recharge and relax in peaceful surroundings.
The cottage is a typical Kiwi bach, nestled in remote Opua Bay in the Queen Charlotte Sound, Marlborough. The location is accessible by four wheel drive or water (a water taxi service is available).
Sounds Cottage has three bedrooms; two with double bunks and one with a queen-sized bed. The section is flat and can be used for pitching tents.
Members who stayed say:
"I was smitten by the beautiful, peaceful surroundings and the rustic charm of the old cottage"
"We were all enthralled by this wonderful place of refuge"
"A glorious end to my stay in NZ, such peace and beauty, recreation and rest"
"The most peaceful holiday I have ever had"
- $30 per night per adult
- Minimum charge $60 per night
- Children under 16 stay free.
A deposit is due on receipt of the booking form. You can pay it by Direct Debit or by cheque - details are on the booking form. Members can login to access the Sounds Cottage handbook and booking form, which will appear at the top of this page.
Sounds Cottage booking calendar
Check the calendar below to see if your preferred dates are free.
- BOOKED or BUSY means that cottage is not available.
- The notations +1more or +2more mean there is more than one event on that particular day (e.g. a booking plus a public holiday, or a group checking out in the morning and a second group checking in that afternoon).
- Click on the underlined text to see details.
If the calendar doesn't load properly, or for more information or confirmation of availability please contact:
NZNO Wellington Regional Administrator
0800 28 38 48