This grant is available to support Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives and Enrolled Nurses to attend a conference or short course. Attendance must benefit nursing, midwifery and/or healthcare in New Zealand.
Note: This grant is not for nurses who want support to organise a conference or invite a guest speaker. For support to organise a conference or invite a guest speaker please see the Conference Organisers or Speakers Grant.
- You must provide evidence of your enrolment in and/or attendance of the short course or conference
- Level 700 post-registration courses qualify for this grant.
Applications close at 4:00pm on 30 June 2022
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- are not eligible for, or have been turned down for, Health Workforce New Zealand funding
- and/or are not receiving any support from their employer.
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the assessment panel
- All decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
NERF Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher also sits on the committee as a non-voting member. Where further methodological or content expertise is required, the Assessment Committee may appoint an appropriately experienced person to advise the Committee.
You will be notified of the outcome the week following the NERF Assessment Committee meetings. If you are successful, you will be asked to supply your bank account number. The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The next NERF Grant Assessment Committee meeting is on 21 August 2022.
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your current NZNO membership number
- Your current NZNC registration number.
Documents (up to 4MB each file)
- Evidence of enrollment or registration in the conference or short course you want to attend
- Your CV, which must be supplied inside the Standard CV Template
- Document(s) relating to scholarships or grants received within the last two years
- Document(s) relating to any scholarship or grant applications currently under consideration
- Document(s) relating to any employer assistance you are receiving at present.
- An outline of how your practice contributes to improving Māori access to health services (up to 500 words)
- An outline of how attending this course or conference will benefit nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand and the client group you care for (up to 500 words)
- An outline of your long-term career goals and how attending this course or conference will help achieve these (up to 300 words).
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
Saving a partial application
When saving a partial application, you will need to send an email to yourself which contains a link to allow you to continue with your application at a later date.