This grant is available to Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives or Enrolled Nurses who want support for a project that is not considered to be research.
Up to $5,100 is offered. If successful you will be asked to supply your bank account number.
- Contain a detailed explanation of how the intended project is consistent with the Treaty of Waitangi which includes:
- Describe a project which clearly contributes to nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand;
- Provide detailed timeline and budget information;
We also recommend that applications be supported by a business or project proposal which details the project's:
- Background, justification and purpose
- Budget and timeline and includes formal quotes for costs
- Resource materials required and reasons why they are needed
- Projected outcomes of the proposed project.
Applications close at 4:00pm on 30 June 2020
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- are not eligible for, or have been turned down for, Health Workforce New Zealand funding
- and/or are not receiving any support from their employer.
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the assessment panel
- All decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher and the Māori Adviser for Te Rōpū Kaiārahi o Te Rūnanga Subcommittee also sit on the committee as non-voting members.
The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Things you will need to complete this form
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your current NZNO membership number
- Your current NZNC registration number.
Documents (up to 4MB each file)
- Your CV, which must be supplied inside the Standard CV Template
- Document(s) relating to outcomes you achieved from scholarships or grants within the last two years
- Document(s) relating to scholarships or grant applications submitted within the last two years
- Documents which support your application such as a business project proposal, receipts, quotes, letters from your employer etc.
- A brief synopsis of your project which includes its purpose and proposed outcomes (150-200 words)
- An explanation of how the intended project is consistent with the Treaty of Waitangi, its potential to improve Māori health, and of consultation and other activities carried out to date so as to realise that potential (limit 500 words)
- An outline of how completing your proposed project will benefit nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand and the client group you care for (up to 500 words)
- An outline of the approximate timeline of your proposed project
- An outline of the approximate project budget which includes any other contributions you expect to receive such as paid leave, administration support from your employer, etc.
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.