This grant is available to any NZNO member who does not have access to other funding sources. Applicants must reside in New Zealand and be a current financial member of NZNO.
This grant must be used for a purpose that:
- Is relevant to the work of NZNO members
- Is relevant to the practice of nursing, midwifery or healthcare in Aotearoa
- Contributes to nursing, midwifery or healthcare in Aotearoa.
Applications close at 4:00pm on the below dates for 2021
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- are not eligible for, or have been turned down for, Health Workforce New Zealand funding
- and/or are not receiving any support from their employer.
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the assessment panel
NERF Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher also sits on the committee as a non-voting member. Where further methodological or content expertise is required, the Assessment Committee may appoint an appropriately experienced person to advise the Committee.
You will be notified of the outcome the week following the NERF Assessment Committee meetings. If you are successful, you will be asked to supply your bank account number. The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Grant Assessment Committee meeting dates for 2021
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your current NZNO membership number
Documents relating to the following items (up to 4MB each file)
- Outcomes you achieved from scholarships or grants within the last two years
- Scholarships or grant applications submitted within the last two years
- Scholarships or grant applications currently under consideration
- Assistance from your employer that you are receiving at present.
- Your CV, which must be supplied inside the Standard CV Template
- Details of your career goals and how this grant will contribute to achieving those goals (up to 300 words)
- An outline of how this grant will benefit Nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand, and the patients/client group being cared for (up to 300 words)
- An outline that illustrates how your practice contributes to improving Māori health (up to 300 words)
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
Saving a partial application
When saving a partial application, you will need to send an email to yourself which contains a link to allow you to continue with your application at a later date.