This grant is available to any NZNO member who does not have access to other funding sources. Applicants must reside in New Zealand and be a current financial member of NZNO.
This grant must be used for a purpose that:
- Is relevant to the work of NZNO members
- Is relevant to the practice of nursing, midwifery or healthcare in Aotearoa
- Contributes to nursing/midwifery/healthcare in Aotearoa.
Up to $1,000 is offered. If successful you will be asked to supply your bank account number.
Applications close at 4pm on 31 October 2020
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- are not eligible for, or have been turned down for, Health Workforce New Zealand funding
- and/or are not receiving any support from their employer.
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the assessment panel
- All decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
NERF Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher also sits on the committee as a non-voting member. Where further methodological or content expertise is required, the Assessment Committee may appoint an appropriately experienced person to advise the Committee.
The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Things you will need to complete this form
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your current NZNO membership number
Documents relating to the following items (up to 4MB each file)
- Outcomes you achieved from scholarships or grants within the last two years
- Scholarships or grant applications submitted within the last two years
- Scholarships or grant applications currently under consideration
- Assistance from your employer that you are receiving at present.
- Details of your career goals and how this grant will contribute to achieving those goals (up to 300 words)
- An outline of how this grant will benefit Nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand, and the patients/client group being cared for (up to 300 words)
- An outline that illustrates how your practice contributes to improving Māori health (up to 300 words)
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.