These awards are to support Māori nurses to continue their studies and their clinical practice. They will provide tautoko and manaaki for Māori nurses for their ongoing development in the New Zealand health system.
To be eligible to apply you must be working towards a nursing career pathway and be a member of Tōpūtanga Tapuhi Kaitiaki o Aotearoa.
Applications close at 4pm on 14 August 2020
Things you will need to complete this form
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your Tōpūtanga Tapuhi Kaitiaki o Aotearoa ID Number
- Your nurse registration number
- Your Student ID number
- The name and contact details of an alternative contact person.
Files (maximum size 4MB each)
- Your whakapapa, if you have it in document form
- Evidence of enrollment in your course of study
- A scanned copy of your academic record
- A scanned copy of your Student ID
- A recent photograph of you which is at least 2MB in size.
Your application essay
A 500 word essay in Te Reo or English about one of the options below, ready to copy and paste into the form:
- Option 1: How do you connect to whānau, hapū, iwi and other Māori health organisations, and how will this benefit Māori?
- Option 2: How are you able to develop and express yourself as Māori within your community?
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.