NZNO is both a professional association and trade union, one of the biggest and strongest in New Zealand because of our active membership.
How does joining benefit you?
There are a diverse range of benefits from NZNO membership
- Industrial Services - wage and working conditions' negotiations and help with any disciplinary issues. Campaigning on the key issues affecting members.
- Professional Services - 23 special interest colleges/sections providing professional leadership, support, advice and advocacy
- Legal Services - a team of experienced lawyers and a competence adviser to represent members through investigations
- Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand - keeping members in touch with the world of nursing and health
- Indemnity Insurance - comprehensive insurance specially designed for the work members do
- Scholarships and Grants - there's a wide range available to members
- Education - training seminars, study days, conferences and workshops on ethical, legal, professional and industrial issues for career development
- Publications including standards, code of ethics, position statements, advice and guidelines
- Advocacy through policy development, submissions, representation on external organisations and advisory groups
- A comprehensive research programme to support the aspirations of members
- A comprehensive library - resource material often not available elsewhere
- Commercial benefits e.g. NZNO marketplace, Resene Paint, Travel and Health Insurance, etc
A student membership package is available to:
- Undergraduate students of nursing and midwifery
- International nursing students visiting New Zealand Unwaged new graduates
- Those retired from nursing but wishing to retain full membership
- Return to nursing students
- Bachelor of Nursing students employed part time as Health care Assistants, caregivers etc
For more information go to the National Student Unit page on our website.
- You can pay by credit card (Master and Visa only)
- The fee is payable in advance and you will need to indicate on the application form the start and finish date of your course