NZNO is both a professional association and trade union, one of the biggest and strongest in New Zealand because of our active membership.
How does joining benefit you?
There are a diverse range of benefits from NZNO membership
- Industrial Services - wage and working conditions' negotiations and help with any disciplinary issues. Campaigning on the key issues affecting members.
- Professional Services - 23 special interest colleges/sections providing professional leadership, support, advice and advocacy
- Legal Services - a team of experienced lawyers and a competence adviser to represent members through investigations
- Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand - keeping members in touch with the world of nursing and health
- Indemnity Insurance - comprehensive insurance specially designed for the work members do
- Scholarships and Grants - there's a wide range available to members
- Education - training seminars, study days, conferences and workshops on ethical, legal, professional and industrial issues for career development
- Publications including standards, code of ethics, position statements, advice and guidelines
- Advocacy through policy development, submissions, representation on external organisations and advisory groups
- A comprehensive research programme to support the aspirations of members
- A comprehensive library - resource material often not available elsewhere
- Commercial benefits e.g. NZNO marketplace, Resene Paint, Travel and Health Insurance, etc
A student membership package is available to:
- Undergraduate students of nursing and midwifery
- International nursing students visiting New Zealand Unwaged new graduates
- Those retired from nursing but wishing to retain full membership
- Return to nursing students
- Bachelor of Nursing students employed part time as Health care Assistants, caregivers etc
NZNO Services for Student Members, February 2013 (PDF, 71KB)
NZNO Support for Students
For more information go to the National Student Unit page on our website.
- You can pay by credit card (Master and Visa only)
- The fee is payable in advance and you will need to indicate on the application form the start and finish date of your course