NZ Triage Course - Waikato October 2022
Midlands Region > Hamilton Triage Venue
Event Start: Saturday, 08 October 2022 at 08:00 a.m.
Event End: Sunday, 09 October 2022 at 04:30 p.m.
College of Emergency Nurses New Zealand (NZNO)
NZ Triage Course
Triage is an advanced assessment skill. It is desirable that the course participant has a minimum of two years emergency or urgent care nursing experience or equivalent. They should have completed New Zealand Resuscitation Council level 6 or equivalent prior to the course.
Nurses who do not meet this criteria will need a letter of support from their manager or nurse educator and will be accepted at the discretion of the course co-ordinator.
The National Triage Course is designed for Registered Nurses who are new to triage but not new to emergency nursing, however it will meet the needs of nurses from all health sectors.
The course is run over 2 x 8 hour days and is a mixture of lectures, scenarios and discussion based learning, based upon relevant current information relating to emergency nursing.
- The course covers assessment and identification of the unwell and injured patient and covers Adult, Paediatric and Mental Health Assessment
- This course offers a solid base to assessing patients using the Australasian Triage Score
- Nurses working in isolation find great benefit from the National triage course despite it being specifically based on the triage of patients
- This course can help Registered Nurses to meet Nursing Council of New Zealand ongoing education criteria requirements.
Who should do this course:
We recommend that a nurse has at least one year of full-time experience in emergency nursing (or equivalent if part time) before doing this course.
Nurses from the private sector, i.e. Medical A & M’s and GP practices, will find that this comprehensive course will help them meet their professional development requirements and enhance their skills in all health care setting environments.
Components of the course:
1. Pre-reading and course work (approx 20hrs)
2. Two day course with:
- An exam on the pre-course work (pass rate for the exam is 80%)
- Practical Scenario based assessments.
$550 for College members and $650 for non College members
For membership information contact the College of Emergency Nurses NZ
Placement on a course will not be confirmed until:
- a completed online application has been submitted
- full payment has been received.
- All registrations cancelled up to eight (8) weeks prior to the course will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee
- All registrations cancelled up to six (6) weeks prior to the course will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the course cost
- All registrations cancelled up to four (4) weeks prior to the course are non-refundable
- DHBs or A&M clinics wishing to change participant names are able to do this up to 6 weeks prior to the course.
Download the CENNZ Triage Course Terms and Conditions (PDF, 369KB, includes full cancellation policy)
Courses are held throughout the year and attempt to cover all regions through NZ. Visit the College of Emergency Nurses courses page for details of upcoming courses.
Each course is strictly limited to 24 participants and is filled on a 'first come, first served' basis.
Other course information:
Applicants will need access to the internet so they can visit websites referenced in the pre-reading.
If you have questions on course content or holding courses in your area please contact:
Erica Mowat - Triage Course Co-ordinator
If you have other questions regarding registrations and payments please contact:
Sharyne Gordon – Triage Course Admin Support