This grant is available to Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives, Enrolled Nurses and Student Nurses/Midwives. It makes small amounts of money quickly available to cover specific one-off expenses that have arisen from an exceptional and unexpected circumstance which affects your ability to study or practice. Examples include the inability to work due to injury, unexpected vehicle breakdown etc.
Foreseeable expenses associated with clinical practice placements will not be considered.
Grants of up to $500 are offered throughout the year. If your grant is approved you will be asked to supply your bank account number.
NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee
- Please note that the NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
- Applications are reviewed by two Trustees on behalf of the NERF Board of Trustees.
- The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
To complete this form you will need:
- Your NZNO membership number (you must be a current financial member)
- Scanned copies of quotes, invoices or receipts relating to the one-off expenses in question
- Scanned copy of a brief letter from your manager, counsellor, kaumatua or lecturer which supports your application
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.