This scholarship is only available to Registered Nursing and Midwifery students in their THIRD year of study, and Enrolled Nursing students in their FIRST year of study. For more details see the NERF Undergraduate Study Scholarship Background Information and Criteria (PDF, 258KB),
Up to $1,500 per scholarship is offered. If successful you will be asked to supply your bank account number.
Applications close at 4:00pm on 30 June 2020
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the Committee
- All decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher and the Māori Adviser for Te Rōpū Kaiārahi o Te Rūnanga Subcommittee also sit on the committee as non-voting members.
The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Things you will need to complete this form
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your NZNO membership number
- Your Student ID number
Documents (up to 4MB each file)
- A scanned copy of your student ID
- Evidence of enrollment in your course of study
- Your academic transcript
- Document(s) relating to outcomes you achieved using previous scholarships or grants
- Document(s) relating to scholarships or grant applications submitted within the last two years
- Document(s) relating to other assistance or income you are receiving at present
- Two reference letters from your referees.
- An outline of how you have contributed to your community; this could be through activities inside or outside of nursing, and may include family commitments, volunteering, cultural commitments etc. (up to 500 words)
- A case study or exemplar which outlines how you have contributed to nursing as part of your course of study (up to 500 words)
- An outline of your long-term goals in nursing (up to 300 words).
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.