New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) Colleges and Sections comprise groups of members with a focus on a specific field of nursing.
In February 2010 NZNO adopted a strategic framework for future development of NZNO special interest groups:
- National sections relating to a clinical specialty practice will move towards meeting the criteria to become a clinical college
- National sections which represent a membership or role classification will remain as a section
- New groups of members will be either directed to an existing clinical college or form as a virtual network.
Benefits of belonging to an NZNO College or Section
Our Colleges and Sections:
- Provide expert knowledge and advice to the government and other national bodies
- Participate in the development of evidence-based guidelines and specialty competencies
- Advance practice through policy and professional development opportunities
- Keep you informed through newsletters and publications.
You can be part of this!
As an NZNO member you can join up to three colleges or sections related to your practice.