This grant is available to Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives or Enrolled Nurses who wish to travel nationally or internationally for the purpose of benefiting nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand.
Up to $400 is offered. If successful you will be asked to supply your bank account number.
Applications close at 4:00pm on 30 June 2020
- Individual applicants will only be eligible for one NERF grant per calendar year (with the exception of the Emergency Grant)
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not received a grant in the previous two years from any source
- are not eligible for, or have been turned down for, Health Workforce New Zealand funding
- and/or are not receiving any support from their employer.
- Applications are judged based on the merit of the application and grants are awarded at the discretion of the assessment panel
- All decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee
Please note that the NERF Trustees Grant Assessment Committee requires you to answer all questions in full, to help them fairly distribute the monies available.
Applications are reviewed by three members of the NERF Board of Trustees, two of whom are NZNO representatives, with the third being a Māori nurse nominated by Te Rūnanga. The NZNO Nursing Policy Adviser/Researcher and the Māori Adviser for Te Rōpū Kaiārahi o Te Rūnanga Subcommittee also sit on the committee as non-voting members.
The decision of the Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Things you will need to complete this form
Please have the following information, documents, and written answers ready to upload.
- Your current NZNO membership number
- Your current NZNC registration number.
Documents (up to 4MB each file)
- Evidence of enrollment in the course or conference you wish to attend
- Evidence of the purpose of, or requirement for, the travel you wish to do
- Scanned copies of travel related quotes, invoices and/or receipts
- Document(s) relating to outcomes you achieved from scholarships or grants within the last two years
- Document(s) relating to scholarships or grant applications submitted within the last two years
- Document(s) relating to other assistance or income you are receiving at present.
- A description of how your practise contributes to improving Māori health access and outcomes (up to 300 words)
- An outline of how this travel will benefit nursing/midwifery/healthcare in New Zealand or the client group you care for (up to 300 words)
- An outline of your long-term career goals and how the travel will help you achieve these (up to 300 words).
When you have gathered all these things together you are ready to complete the form below.
You can save your application part way through
When you do this, you'll send yourself an email which contains a link. Clicking the link in the email allows you to carry on from where you left off before.